FULBRIGHT FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING (INDONESIAN) ASSISTANT (FLTA) PROGRAM
Applicants must be English language teachers or currently in training to become the English language teacher and must be able to demonstrate a commitment to language teaching upon return to Indonesia following the award.
The program is for one academic year (9 months) and requires the grantee to teach Indonesian/Javanese language and culture in the U.S. for 20 hours per week and to Enroll in at least two U.S. Studies and / or ESL methodology classes per semester.
Applicants who are no older than 29 years of age by October 1, 2011 and will possess:
- a Bachelor’s (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (scale 4.00)
- leadership qualities
- a good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures
- a demonstrated commitment to the chosen field of study
- a willingness to return to their home institution upon completion of the Fulbright program
- a minimum ITP/iBT TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS 6.0.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms. Forms are available either by mail or in person at the AMINEF Office at CIMB NIAGA Plaza, 3rd Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25, Jakarta 12920. Shall you decide to send your application by mail, please send them to the following address: AMINEF, PO BOX 2939, JKP 10029.Please return to AMINEF your complete application package by the application deadline that includes:
- Completed application form. This includes a Concise Clearly written and objective study.
- Copy of your most recent, less than two years old, TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- One letter of reference, either from your current employer or previous lecturer.
- Copy of academic transcript (English translation).
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address:email@example.com. We do not accept email applications. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for all programs is 15 April 2011.
Note: Program requirements are subject to change without notice.
The form can be downloaded here:
Reference Letter Form can be downloaded in the Download Forms section.